CHEETOS® brand “One-in-a-Minion Family Vacation” Sweepstakes Official Rules
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The CHEETOS® brand “One-in-a-Minion Family Vacation” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of any of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Universal Studios, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step” ) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. (midnight) Central Time (“CT”) on May 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on August 1, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period is divided into ten (10) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as outlined in the chart below. Each Entry Period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. on the Start Date listed below and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on the End Date listed below. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
|Entry Period||Start Date||End Date||Drawing Date|
3. OBTAIN A SWEEPSTAKES CODE: During the Sweepstakes Period, purchase any CHEETOS® brand productand look for the 9-digit product code below the “guaranteed fresh” statement on the front of the CHEETOS® brand product package (each a “Sweepstakes Code”). If you do not have a Sweepstakes Code, you may generate a free Sweepstakes Code on the Web Site (defined below) by following the online instructions.
4. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, and upon obtaining a Sweepstakes Code, visit www.cheetosoneinaminion.com (the "Web Site"), and click on the icon, banner or text link to access the Sweepstakes page. Follow the on-screen instructions to input your Sweepstakes Code (exactly as it appears on the package or the Free Sweepstakes Code as displayed on the Web Site) and complete and submit an online entry form to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing for the corresponding Entry Period and one (1) entry into the random drawing for the Grand Prize. All participants must have a valid email address. In the event of an identity dispute, entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address used to enter. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) entry per day per person/email address. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT. No other form of entry is valid.
5. DRAWINGS: Two Hundred (200) First Prize winners will be selected for each Entry Period in a random drawing to be held on or about each Drawing Date listed in Rule #2, from among all eligible entries received for the applicable Entry Period. The Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about August 6, 2013 from among all eligible entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. Entries will carry forward to the Grand Prize drawing only; entries will not carry forward to subsequent First Prize drawings. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) Grand Prize: A trip for winner and winner's eleven (11) guests to Universal Orlando® Resort in Orlando, Florida. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from gateway city nearest winner’s U.S. home) for winner and up to eleven (11) guests to Orlando, Florida, hotel accommodations for three (3) nights (three  double-occupancy hotel rooms and one  suite), ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, Florida, three (3) Park Unlimited Passes for admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Wet ‘n Wild for winner and up to eleven (11) guests, and attendance at one (1) Blue Man Group performance (exact date and time to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) for winner and up to eleven (11) guests. If winner is a Florida resident, air transportation may be substituted with another method of transportation by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with fewer than eleven (11) guests or no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner and each participating guest and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Trip must be completed within one (1) year from the end date of the Sweepstakes or prize will be forfeited. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. Travel dates are subject to Sponsor's approval. ARV of prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, and security charges. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's designated travel agent. Winner and winner’s guests must travel on same itinerary. An eligible minor may take the trip as one of the winner's guest only if the winner or one of winner's guests is the eligible minor’s parent or legal guardian. All minors must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $12,871.88. Actual value depends on city/date/time of departure. First Prizes (2,000 total; 200 per Entry Period): One (1) pair of Despicable Me 2 movie tickets. Movie tickets awarded in the form of a Fandango promotional code redeemable at www.fandango.com or via the mobile Fandango app. The redemption of a Fandango Code is subject to Fandango’s terms and conditions at www.fandango.com/termsofuse.aspx and www.fandango.com/PurchasePolicy.aspx. ARV: $20.00 each prize.
Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for a given drawing. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Total ARV of all prizes is
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from entrant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or the Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or phone service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the phone network, Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants (or entrant's parent or legal guardian if entrant is an eligible minor) release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, each recipient (or parent or legal guardian) (a) agrees that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes or any event is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
8. DISCLAIMER: Sweepstakes Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Sweepstakes Codes contain or are the result of printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other errors, or do not contain proper security devices. Sole liability for a regular official Sweepstakes Code is limited to replacement with a free randomly selected official Sweepstakes Code, while supplies last. Sweepstakes Codes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away, traded or obtained through any source other than through the method described in these Official Rules. All submitted Sweepstakes Codes become property of Sponsor, and will not be returned.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of Texas, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Collin or Dallas counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNER NOTIFICATION: First Prize winners will be notified by email and will receive a prize-winning message with instructions on how to claim prize. Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone, mail and/or email. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant's email, mailing address and/or telephone number. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner cannot be contacted or verified, if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, or if winner is otherwise disqualifies, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. First Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor’s parent or legal guardian. If the Grand Prize is won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his or her state of residence the Grand Prize will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all documents and take such minor on trip as one of his/her guests. Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. Grand Prize winner's guests will also be required to complete, sign and return a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within the same time period. If a guest is a minor, the Liability Release must be completed by the minor guest’s parent or legal guardian and minor guest must be traveling and attending all events with his/her parent or legal guardian. If documents are not returned as specified by Sponsor, in Sponsor's sole discretion, or if mail is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor's discretion.
11. WINNER'S LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by September 5, 2013 to: CHEETOS® brand “One-in-a-Minion Family Vacation” Sweepstakes Winner's List, PO Box 3000, Dept. 881-700, Young America, MN 55558-3000.
12. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc. 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2013 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.